Monday, June 17, 2013

Junes Super Full Moon follows the Summer Solstice 2013

Welcome again to my blog. . .
As the months fly by June is in full swing and the Summer Solstice is just around the bend. As the weather starts to heat up the activities become  a little more than difficult for me as heat is not my best friend these days. We have had a easy spring as far as weather goes but now the thunder storms and rains have brought much discomfort to the northern mid west states.  Thunder storms leave high humidity in the forests and it becomes a steam bath of sorts. We have had a most pleasant northern breeze which brings a moist coolness to the shade so it's not at it's hottest temperatures as of yet. One thing it does bring is the Summer Solstice on June 21st and the Super Full Moon there after on June 22-23rd.


The Full moon falls on June 23, 2013 at 11:32 UTC (6:32 a.m. CDT in the U.S.). Thus, for many, the moon appears about as full in the June 22 evening sky as it does on the evening of June 23. This full moon is not only the closest and largest full moon of the year. It also presents the moon’s closest encounter with Earth for all of 2013. The moon will not be so close again until August, 2014

Astronomers call this sort of close full moon a perigee full moon. The word perigee describes the moon’s closest point to Earth for a given month. Two years ago, when the closest and largest full moon fell on March 19, 2011, many used a term we’d never heard before: supermoon. Last year, we heard this term again to describe the year’s closest full moon on May 6, 2012. Now the term supermoon is being used a lot. Last month’s full moon – May 24-25, 2013 – was also a supermoon. But the June full moon is even more super! In other words, the time of full moon falls even closer to the time of perigee, the moon’s closest point to Earth. The crest of the moon’s full phase in June 2013, and perigee, fall within an hour of each other.

This is a time of year to set your intentions of the things you want to pass and bring in the newness of your desires. I have started on a old/new as well. I have been joining Jennifer Hoffman in Raising our Vibes with 21 days of Vibrational Transformation and I also started a new program with Burt Goldman in Quantum Jumping II. I'm am getting huge results from both programs and well on my way for setting new goals in my life. This is my year to move forward and become the best that I can be in all areas of my life. Now if I could figure out what I want to be when I grow up, it would all be great. I know I'll get there. . . and I'll keep you informed as well. . .
In the mean time my work as a restaurant manager and primitive artist keep me busy making, inventing, using my creativity to share wonderful things with you so I hope you
have a most wonderful day and enjoy the solstice and supermoon,
till next time



No comments:

Free e-course in Meditation

" FREE MEDITATION E-COURSE REVEALS THE SECRETS OF YOUR HEALTH & HAPPINESS "

Learn how to quiet the mind, supercharge your level of

energy and manifest anything you want in your life.

Click here now to enrol for FREE